Severn Lodge is located in the world famous Muskoka Georgian Bay lake district and was established over 150 years ago. It is one of the few remaining traditional historic Muskoka resorts, and has been attracting first class weddings, special and corporate events for nearly a century and encompasses over 100 acres of property with 700 meters (2000 feet) of pristine waterfront. It is situated in a quiet sheltered bay on the northern shores of Gloucester Pool, and on the Trent Severn Waterway. The Lodge will be embarking on some exciting new expansion plans and is excited to offer its guests the next level in exceptional Muskoka events! We are now looking for seasoned Social and Corporate Group Sales Manager ready to jump in and sell and manage the various weddings and special events that happen yearly. This role is key to the resort’s success and this individual must not only have strong selling skills but be creative and have an exceptional understanding of weddings and the corporate group process.
Social and Corporate Group Sales Manager, Severn Lodge
Roles and Responsibilities with Respect to Event Sales – Full time
- Actively solicits new corporate group business and social events with a strong focus on weddings
- Responds quickly and effectively to telephone/email inquiries for corporate group and social event requests, including RFP’s/proposal requests and requests by 3rd party and event planners
- Attends and acts as operational support and client support day of events
- Schedules weekly/daily sales calls, and conducts site inspections on a regular basis to generate new corporate group business and social events
- Attends networking events, tradeshows, wedding shows, community events for the purpose of PR and promotion of Severn Lodge
- Maintains on line databases and promotional sites such as wedding wire and the Ontario film institute
- Issues proposals, contracts and follows up to secure client commitments, consistent with set space and revenue guidelines
- Collects deposits and final payments on all events in group or special event category
- Track and manage the master calendar of approved/confirmed events and pending inquiries for events.
- Participates in revenue management processes to ensure to that revenues are maximized for all events
- Contributes and assists to the development of unique experiences to reflect guest expectations and to support improved revenue capture
- Contributes and assists to the design of corporate event and wedding packages
- Maintains updated clients profiles/database for potential and existing clients with detailed information including potential and actual production for solicitation, direct marketing, promotions etc.
- Participates in sales and marketing meetings and brainstorming opportunities to increase corporate and social sales
- Distributes timely and accurate information to all departments regarding contracted requirements and identified unique needs of groups, meetings and events taking place to allow for the seamless delivery of exceptional service
- Maintains highest level of professionalism in activities and appearance.
- Develop close working relationships with the GM of Severn Lodge and the Executive Chef
- Coordinates the final event details and event resumes/summaries for each event including; menu, floor plan, agenda, rooming lists, rentals if required, third party vendors such as décor
- Coordinates special events in house for the purpose of promotional marketing including association event, community events, open houses etc.
- Engage in ongoing liaison with vendors to establish a mutual working relationship for future events. I.e.: A/V companies, décor companies etc.
- Meeting all revenue targets set for events
- Reports on a daily basis to the GM
ADDITIONAL Roles and Responsibilities in the Off Season
- Answer phones weekdays on a daily basis 9am-5pm for the purpose of fielding general inquiries, booking rooms, family vacations and group bookings for Severn Lodge
- Manages Social Media for Weddings at Severn Lodge account – gather content, post and reply to comments etc. with guidance from Senior Leadership
- Degree/Diploma in a related field from an accredited university / college plus at least three (3) years of related experience.
- Experience working with both branded and independent hotels/resort settings, preferably previous experience in a similar Muskoka resort or unique vacation destination resort
- Lifestyle experience in food/wine/events/service/sales/marketing /exceptional hospitality and customer experience
- Proven ability in sales in corporate group and social events
- Advanced understanding of how to plan events both corporate and social
- Creative and strategic minded
- Compelling communication skills that increase sales
- Engaging presentation skills, and strong computer and social media skills
- Able to develop long term relationships and maintain clients to ensure future repeat business
- Sense of urgency and ability to instill competitive tension amongst business units
- An exceptional personal ascetic with particular attention to personal appearance and can demonstrate a high level of professionalism and hospitality
- Hospitable, engaging and charismatic are qualities that are preferred asset as guest interaction will be key
- A “can do” attitude understanding that all jobs are for doing who as a leader has a hands on approach
- Preferably lives locally or within a 30-45min drive (Barrie, Muskoka, surrounding area)
- The ability to work hospitality hours with a set schedule of hours that are in line with the business’s daily operation and guests needs. Flexibility and overtime required and to be recouped in the off season with a more defined schedule.
- Can handle a fast paced high energy environment and can trouble shoot and find solutions daily
- Reports to the Senior Leadership Team with daily reporting/support from the Vice President of Customer Experience and Hospitality