Southern Ontario’s picturesque, family-friendly District of Muskoka spans approximately 6,500 square kilometres, covering a diverse array of landscapes, including the vast Georgian Bay, uninhabited national forests, and quintessential harbour towns. Severn Lodge, an award-winning lakeside resort, is a one-stop destination for families actively searching for a truly unique all-inclusive getaway—one that offers 100 acres of private land and over 700 metres of waterfront property. We’ve compiled 30 fun things to do in Muskoka with kids. While pleasingly remote, the lodge is also chock full of modern amenities and indoor delights.
Things to Do in Muskoka with Kids: Splash, Stargaze, and Sightsee
What sets Southern Ontario apart from other comparable regions is its unique combination of natural beauty, seemingly endless potential for outdoor recreation, and absorbing historical significance. Severn Lodge itself remains one of the region’s top accommodations, primarily because of its long-standing excellence and crowd-pleasing vacation packages. To provide a glimpse into what makes Severn Lodge so incredibly enticing from spring through autumn, our team has hand-selected 30 things to do in Muskoka with kids. Enjoy—and remember to bookmark this article for future reference!
- Throw a line into Gloucester Pool and hook a whopper largemouth bass
- Rent a boat and motor through Ontario’s “lake country”
- Enjoy a beach bonfire and roast some weenies
- Board a flightseeing tour, piloted by Georgian Bay Airways
- Collect leaves amid our private, multi-acre forest
- Teach the kids how to birdwatch near the Wye Marsh Wildlife Centre
- Climb aboard a naval vessel at Discovery Harbour
- Embark on a self-guided waterfall tour with stops at Bracebridge Falls, Stubb’s Falls, Wilson Falls, High Falls, and Ragged Falls
- Hike through the backcountry
- Enroll the little ones in our supervised Kids Club Program
- Paddle through Gloucester Pool on a complimentary canoe, kayak, or paddleboard
- Teach the kids how to golf
- Challenge another family to a game of volleyball
- Teach the teens how to water ski (or go banana boating)
- Explore nearby Georgian Bay Islands National Park
- Tour the S.S. Keewatin
- Stargaze while lying in the soft grass—don’t forget the binoculars
- Plan a picnic on the beach (or an uninhabited Georgian Bay island)
- Slurp a maple ice cream cone at Sugarbush Hill
- Laugh, learn, and explore at the Muskoka Discovery Centre
- Survey Gloucester Pool on the Sevlo, Severn Lodge’s 1922 Muskoka Ditchburn Motor Launch
- Spend a full day at the beach swimming, sandcastle building, and leaping on the water trampoline
- Ride bicycles near the lodge
- Jet ski with the kiddos wrapped around your hips
- Roast marshmallows and share ghost stories around a communal campfire
- Try geocaching, the “world’s largest treasure hunt”
- Cruise through a nearby lake on a scenic boat tour
- Snap a bevy of Instagram pics with your teens and tweens
- Go “leaf peeping” during autumn’s peak
- Visit a craft brewery, where root beer is always readily available!
Severn Lodge, the Best Lake Resort for Families
Hopefully, this list of things to do in Muskoka with kids is informative and altogether enticing. Severn Lodge is a family-owned and operated Ontario vacation hub, only 150 kilometres north of Toronto. While winter is officially here, it’s never too early to start planning a well-deserved, long-awaited summertime getaway. Give the gift of Severn Lodge this holiday season by purchasing one of our money-saving, all-inclusive special offers. One aspect of the Severn experience that we have not mentioned but requires inclusion is our family-style dining, which earns rave reviews from just about every visitor. Don’t take our word for it—check the comments on Google and TripAdvisor!
To check availability, simply click the Book Now button (or call us directly at 844-546-3495). We’re already counting the days until yet another unforgettable summer at Severn!